Relics in Belgrade
Serbia's capital changed hands dozens of times in the past few centuries:
- Ottoman/Austrian rule 16th–19th centuries
- Ottoman/Serbian rule 1804–1878
- Serbian rule 1878–1914
- Austro-Hungarian/Serbian rule 1914–18
- Kingdom of Serbia 1918
- Yugoslav Kingdom 1918–1941
- Nazi/Croatian rule 1941–1944
- Yugoslav Republic 1944–1991
I found some relics from Austrian rule, namely antique roller shutters made in Vienna:
One made by Julius Rosenthal (I've come across shutters made by ES. Rosenthal in Vienna and Lviv - possibly same family) and another made by Joh. Anderle, examples of which can still be found in Vienna and Lviv.
I wasn't able to find any information about the manhole covers, but judging by the wear and tear and fonts, I believe that many of these may date to before date to before WWII.
And here's a really slick boot scraper!